Saturday, May 17, 2008

"You Stay Classy, San Diego!"

As a graduation gift to myself, I took a weekend trip to San Diego to visit some old college friends and, of course, to eat until I regained all the weight I lost while I was engrossed in textbooks during my exam period. The following are photos of my favorite meals from the trip.

La Jolla eggs benedict | bacon, mushrooms, spinach, tomato, garlic & balsamic vinegar| The Cottage

Mimosa | Champagne Bakery

Breakfast flatbread | over easy egg, bacon, cheese, marinara sauce | Champagne Bakery

Chicken wings | Yakitori Yakyudori

Smoked gouda cheese | Von's

Wine selection | The FleetWood

Tako wasabi | Tajima 2

Uni pasta | Tajima 2

Shaved ice | Cafe Venti

Thanks to everyone who made the meals so memorable! I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. And I'll be topping off my graduation celebrations tomorrow night with dinner at Epic Roasthouse in San Francisco!

3 comments:

setoism said...

c'mon lisa... celebrations are for when you have accomplished something you have found exceptionally difficult, ie something you didn't think you could have done... did you ever have a doubt in your mind that you would finish law school? ;)

Anonymous said...

Actually, maybe about once a week :)

Seichifer said...

UNI PASTA!!!!
Eggs Benedict!! *drool*

wow, that looks great. Why doesn't my food look like that when I visit SD:??? I've never had anything like it... I'm jealous!