Tuesday, May 27, 2008

'Wichcraft

Like a lot of kids, I brought a mommy-packed lunch full of nutrition and love to school everyday. (In a hip Duck Tales lunch box, I might add. Early '90s cartoons rock.) The main part of my lunch was usually a sandwich featuring mayo, meat, and cheese, with the bread crusts removed and the whole thing sliced diagonally. I was very particular about the way I wanted my sandwiches made. Nowadays, of course, I'm not so particular, but I'm always on the lookout for another interesting variation of this everyday food item.

'Wichcraft in San Francisco is one of my favorite sandwich places in the city. They've got a great selection of sandwiches with yummy combinations of ingredients. Plus, they often order ingredients from small producers, and use oils that are low in saturated fats. Some star selections on the menu:
  • Onion Frittata Sandwich with roasted tomatoes and cheddar on a ciabatta roll
  • Goat Cheese Sandwich with avocado, celery, walnut pesto, and watercress on multi-grain bread
  • Roasted Pork Sandwich with coppa, pickled pepper relish, and fontina on grilled country bread
Grilled Cheddar Sandwich with smoked ham, pear, and mustard on cranberry-pecan bread

Potato salad with mustard viniagrette

Check this place out for breakfast or lunch!

'Wichcraft
858 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 593-3895
www.wichcraftsf.com

1 comment:

Chubbypanda said...

I tried Wichcraft in Las Vegas. $15 for sandwich, chip, and Coke. Good gravy! I hope it's cheaper in SF.