Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sweets Galore for July 4

I think I'm going to remember this Fourth of July weekend by the amount of desserts and baked goodies I had...

BJ's Famous Pizookie - warm peanut butter cookie with vanilla bean ice cream
Quite possibly the only reason to ever go to a BJ's.

Homemade pumpkin cupcakes, courtesy of WongCo's Food
Is it autumn already? Yum!

Manju and mochi from Benkyodo
Never disappoints ... still the best I've had in Norcal!

Star-spangled cupcakes, on sale at Safeway

I guess I'll also remember the hot dog I ate, sans bun, with wooden chopsticks as I dominated a game of Scrabble while fireworks sparkled on my friend's huge high-def tv in the background. Hope y'all had a good weekend!

2 comments:

Cookie said...

OMG I totally saw those cupcakes at Safeway too and debated whether or not to get them for our July 4 BBQ! I ended up not just cuz we already had SO much food! They were so cute though! Lucky you had a total sweet feast!

foodhoe said...

mmmm benkyodo.... looks like you ate well!