Monday, July 11, 2011

Dine About Town 2011: Level III

Been MIA for awhile ... took a few quick trips and moved to a new job over in Walnut Creek (good-bye SF lunches!), so I've been pretty busy. The new gig demands quite a bit more time, so I actually considered stopping this little food blog project. But I'll keep at it for now! (I don't like quitting. It's been ingrained in me since childhood.) Maybe less text and more photos? Or shorter posts? 

Anyway, some belated photos from my Dine About Town dinner this year at Level III, which is part of the JW Marriott in the Union Square area. Loved the chic decor with all the color-coordinated touches. The quality and presentation of the food was surprisingly good. Sad that there weren't more people eating there, but I guess there are just so many options in downtown that folks might not want to go to a hotel restaurant. But it's worth a visit, especially since their daily three-course prix fixe dinner is only $39.



Ahi Tuna Tataki | avocado wasabi creme fraiche, wonton crisps

Pan Seared Boat Scallops | royal trumpet mushrooms, chorizo, fresh basil
I would go back for this dish alone! So perfect!

Pan Seared Halibut | artichoke hearts, fingerling potatoes, salsa verde

Pepper-Crusted Filet Mignon | brandy jus, broccolini

Portabello Mushroom Ravioli | petit vegetables, roasted tomatoes, Napa verjus cream

Californian Artisan Cheese Selection

Dark Chocolate Pate With Strawberries

Level III
500 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

7 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

Hey, I work in Walnut Creek too! That is one of the main reasons I stopped blogging, but I am trying to start up again. I wanted to thank you for that post that you did mentioning me back around Thanksgiving. That was so sweet. Perhaps we could meet up for lunch in Walnut Creek!

Erica said...

OOooh this looks so yummy. I'm mad that I clicked on this at 3am but mmmm. :)

taste tester said...

@Erica: Ok, you really need to be SLEEPING at 3am! Come up soon so we can eat!

Erica said...

Hey I really like the new layout! Super professional looking :)

taste tester said...

Thanks! It's really mostly all Blogger, haha :)

foodhoe said...

yeah I haven't visited in a while, it does look very swanky around here! And hey, I work in WC too, let's do lunch one of these days. And yes, keep on blogging!

taste tester said...

@foodhoe: Sadly, I no longer work in the WC area, but I plan to keep going there for food and shopping! Yum!